Amanda-Users

Re: dump from mysql db failed - strange

2006-08-31 05:25:27
Subject: Re: dump from mysql db failed - strange
From: Kai Zimmer <kai AT zimmer DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:30:14 +0200
Hi Sebastian,

i think it's safer to use mysqldump to dump databases to a plain textfile and backup those instead of saving a binary where you can't predict in which state it was when it was backupped. At least it works fine for me.

Best,
Kai

Sebastian Kösters schrieb:
HI!

Today i noticed, that one of the backups from my mysql db´s failed (without
errors).

I have 6 MySQL Server. 5 of 6 Backups look good. Filesize is between 3GB and
20GB and i can use amrecover to get the data back.
But one Backup is strange. The Filesize of every Backup from this Server
(Level 0 and Level 1) is 11MB.
Amcheck gave me no error. The Mailreport after every Backup said no error
too (i did not noticed the small filesize since today).
The Backup is configured like every other mysql Backup

Server /var/lib/mysql high-tar -1

Like i said. The Backup of 5 Server with this config works. I did not find any error in the logs.
When i use amrecover with the failed backup, i am possible to go to
/var/lib/mysql but its empty.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Sebastian