Amanda-Users

RE: changer.conf for Powervault 124T

2006-08-28 07:42:13
Subject: RE: changer.conf for Powervault 124T
From: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: "Fabio Corazza" <fabio AT newbay DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:33:00 -0400

I have a Sun C4 with 38 slots. I have two backups; archive and daily.

For the daily run I use slot slots 1 & 20 and for the archive 30-36. I
have my cleaning tape in 37. When I got the C4 I switched to the
chg-zd-mtx script. I find it works great.

The only parameters I have set are for the archive and daily and the
only difference is the firstslot and slotslot vaules.

Firstslot
Lastslot
Havereader
Offline_before_unload.

Everything else I use the defaults.

Most new changers seem to take care of cleaning based on the amount of
usage of the drive so I do not do anything with cleaning it just works.