Amanda-Users

changer.conf for Powervault 124T

2006-08-28 06:38:46
Subject: changer.conf for Powervault 124T
From: Fabio Corazza <fabio AT newbay DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:24:28 +0100
Hi guys,
 I was wondering how can I configure this file for the use with a
Powervault 124T. This library has 16 slots available but I will use just
10 + the clean tape.

Which tape changer glue script do you suggest to use? Everybody seems to
be comfortable with chg-zd-mtx under Linux.

Which parameters of changer.conf do you think would be appropriate? Is
there any way I can extract those parameters with some command tool
utilities?

I seem to have found those lurking in the Amanda list:

firstslot=0
lastslot=16
cleanslot=16
autoclean=0
havereader=0
offline_before_unload=0
poll_drive_ready=10
max_drive_wait=120
unloadpause=20
driveslot=0

I will put the clean tape on the last slot (is this unlikely?), while
the first 10 will have the cartridges that I will use for the backup. I
 was wondering if the "firstslot/lastslot" parameters are to be used in
relation with the number of loaded tapes or the number of physical slots
available in the tape.

Also... any good pointer to an explanation of the bump* directives
inside Amanda.conf?

Thanks for your help,

--
Fabio Corazza - Engineering