Amanda-Users

does amflush updates index?

2006-08-23 06:55:42
Subject: does amflush updates index?
From: Natalia García Nebot <natalia AT sisystem DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:49:32 +0200
Hi all! I have a doubt.
I'm making test with amanda. I have executed amdump with the tape out of the tape device to force amanda to dump on holding disk.
Then i have executed amflush to write on the tape de backup. And finally i have executed amrecover but, and that's my problem, in the indexdir specified in amanda.conf i have more than one index file and amrecover make the index with the non  latest index file and some new directories and files don't backup in my system.
The amflush man page  says that "Amflush writes Amanda backups from the holding disks to tape, and updates the Amanda info database and tapelist accordingly" but does amflush updates index?