Amanda-Users

Re: amlabel problem

2006-08-17 10:29:56
Subject: Re: amlabel problem
From: Jeffrey Anderson <JDAnderson AT lbl DOT gov>
To: Natalia García Nebot <natalia AT sisystem DOT com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:21:06 -0700
On Thursday 17 August 2006 03:15, Natalia García Nebot <natalia AT sisystem DOT
com>
wrote:
> Hi! I have installed amanda on my server host. The server is conected to
> a tape device. I have created a configuration named DiariaPrueba. I have
> configured all parameters in amanda.conf and I want to label only one
> tape to make tests before. In my amanda.conf I have configures de
> parameter labelstr to
>     labelstr "^DiariaPruebaTape[0-9][0-9]*$"
>
> When I try to label my first tape amlabe says me:
>     amlabel: could not load tapelist "/etc/amanda/DiariaPrueba/tapelist"

You may need to create tapelist by hand the first time.
'touch /etc/amanda/DiariaPrueba/tapelist'

> So i tried this command:
>      su amanda -c "amlabel -f DiariaPrueba DiariaPrueba01"
>
> And amlabel says me:
>     amlabel: label DiariaPrueba01 doesn't match labelstr
> "^DiariaPruebaTape[0-9][0-9]*$"
>
> What's wrong? Why can't I label a tape?

amlabel has told you.  Tape labels must match the pattern
^DiariaPruebaTape[0-9][0-9]*$
But your label does not have the "Tape" part in it.

Try su amanda -c "amlabel -f DiariaPrueba DiariaPruebaTape01"

jeffrey anderson                        | jdanderson AT lbl DOT gov
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory   | Mailstop 50a-5101
Phone: 510 486-4208                     | Fax: 510 486-6808