Amanda-Users

amcheck error

2006-07-31 12:45:30
Subject: amcheck error
From: joseph <joseph AT sahasrasolutions DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:14:29 +0530
Amanda version: 2.5.0

Linux: Fedora Core 4

Windows Amanda client: Downloaded from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/amanda-win32/amanda-clients-2.5.0-2001062
8.zip?use_mirror=nchc and installed it on the Windows platform. The amandad
service is successfully starting by running the rc.amandad batch script on
the Windows side.

On the Amanda server (running Linux OS), we did the appropriate
configuration of the amanda build by running the following configuration
line:

./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=backup

And successfully did the make and 'make install' as well (after creating the
user 'amanda' and group 'backup')

We went and created the appropriate entries in the amandahosts file in the
following format and placed it in the home directory of Amanda user:

<Servername>     <Amanda user name>

The amcheck utility is throwing out an error stating that "access as amanda
not allowed from amanda@SVNHOME". Is there an issue running the client on
Windows and the server on the Linux server? The basic communication between
the amandad client and the amcheck run on the server seems to be fine since
the name of the server gets succesfully printed on the amandad client window
when a request for a connection goes successfully to the client.

Is there a requirement that we need to run Cygwin mandatorily on the Windows
client for getting this up and running?