Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover question

2006-07-28 11:35:13
Subject: Re: amrecover question
From: Jeff Allison <jeff.allison AT allygray.2y DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:29:05 +1000
Jon LaBadie wrote:
On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 12:49:26AM +1000, Jeff Allison wrote:

I have just upgraded my client using the binarys at zmanda.com and when I try a recover I get

[root@leyton xinetd.d]# amrecover homes -s dalston.blackshaw.dyn.dhs.org
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1b1. Contacting server on dalston.blackshaw.dyn.dhs.org ...
NAK: amindexd: invalid service

any ideas

I'd guess your xinted configuration on dalston is not allowing
the index service (amindexd) to start up.  Improper installation
and settings of xinetd config files is most likely reason.

The strange thing is I've only changed the config on the client the server dalston has been touched and all work well earlier today using the 2.4.5 client on leyton???