Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover question

2006-07-28 11:23:37
Subject: Re: amrecover question
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jeff Allison <jeff.allison AT allygray.2y DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:16:02 -0500
Jeff Allison wrote:
> I have just upgraded my client using the binarys at zmanda.com and when
> I try a recover I get
>
> [root@leyton xinetd.d]# amrecover homes -s dalston.blackshaw.dyn.dhs.org
> AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1b1. Contacting server on
> dalston.blackshaw.dyn.dhs.org ...
> NAK: amindexd: invalid service

Do you add the amindexd service into xinetd?  And if so, did you
remember to restart xinetd after you added it (I think a kill -HUP
doesn't work on xinetd, it needs a -USR2 signal on the boxes I've
used, but a stop/start will always work)?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673