Amanda-Users

Need help restoring: -p doesn't seem to work

2006-07-25 15:27:27
Subject: Need help restoring: -p doesn't seem to work
From: "Sean Noonan" <noonans AT get1free DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:15:55 -0700
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with the magical incarnation to restore files.
Box is running FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE.  Amanda is v2.5.0p2,1 installed from the
ports collection.  Server name is freebee.  Disk name is aacd0s1f.  Tape
device is /dev/nsa0 (which is a LTO-2 drive).

When I try to attempt an interactive restore this is what I get:

freebee# amrestore -p /dev/nsa0 freebee aacd0s1f | restore -ivf -
amrestore: missing file header block
amrestore:   2: skipping freebee.aacd0s1e.20060721.0
amrestore:  10: reached end of information
Verify tape and initialize maps
End-of-tape encountered
Tape is not a dump tape
freebee#

However, if I leave off the "-p" I seem to be able to successfully restore,
e.g., files are created in the current directory with names similar to
"freebee.aacd0s1e.20060721.0", etc.  The problem is I don't have a volume
with enough free space left on it to restore the entire
freebee.aacd0s1f.20060721.0 file.

Suggestions anyone?

TIA,

--Sean Noonan