Amanda-Users

Re: Licensing information

2006-07-25 09:40:49
Subject: Re: Licensing information
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:33:20 -0400
On Tuesday 25 July 2006 04:19, silpa kala wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Please help me out the where i can get the license
>text for the Amanda backup and restore software.
>

>I got the copyright information. Is it the amanda
>licnese.

I'm assuming you meant to ask that as a question from the wording, the
answer is yes, but see all 4 of those files for further clarification.
One of them is in the regex-src subdir.

>Please clarify the licensing information.

It is what it says it is in the 4 copyright files.  This is somewhat
similar to the GPL, but in fact maybe even predates it since its first
copyrighted in 1991.  Use it as you please but do not remove or modify
any of those copyright files. Modifications are up to the individual
copyright holder, and there many, and all should be listed in the
AUTHORS file.

Useful patches that you may write and apply are expected to be given
back to amanda in the same spirit as amanda was given to you.  And
don't forget to patch the AUTHORS file to add yourself, noteing what
aspect your patch effects too.  That way you are assured of your 15
minutes of fame in the grand scheme of things. :)

>Thanks & Regards,
>Silpakala

message by Gene Heskett are: