Amanda-Users

Re: A script to test GNU tar exclude patterns

2006-07-18 20:29:28
Subject: Re: A script to test GNU tar exclude patterns
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:20:25 -0500
Olivier Nicole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have put together the following srcipt
> http://www.cs.ait.ac.th/~on/testgtar to help testing exclude patterns
> in GNU tar.
>
> This is a simple Perl script, that should run on any installation; but
> I'd like to receive comments about the way I could improve it (this
> not working being first candidate for improvement :)

I haven't had a chance to test the script yet, but since I ran across
this thread about changes in GNU tar from the Debian developers list
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/06/msg01108.html> default
pattern matching action in tar 1.19, it is important for everyone to
check to be sure your includes/excludes still do what they used to.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673