Amanda-Users

Re: bygwin amanda client behind firewall.

2006-07-14 16:17:17
Subject: Re: bygwin amanda client behind firewall.
From: rom <amandau AT inventivetechnology DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:11:52 +0200
McGraw, Robert P. wrote:
Well I am getting a little closer.

My cygwin client is a Window2003 server.
So is mine.

When I do a amcheck from the amanda server to the cygwin client behind the
firewall I now get the following in the events log on the cygwin client.

"....The following information is part of the event: inetd: PID 2280:
amanda: can't set uid 18: Permission denied.....

"...The following information is part of the event: inetd: PID 2764:
/local/Amanda/amanda-2.4.5p1/libexec/amandad: exit status 0x100."

So now I am at least getting to the inetd service.

The following are some things that I have done to tray an track down why amanda can't set uid 18:
Documentation says that you should use tab and not spaces to separate the tokens on inetd.conf. I don't know if that is really an issue but it's always better to remember.

And you can check which user inetd is running as. To find that, dclick the taskbar, Task manager, go to the Processes tab, select the Show all users processes checkbox, find inetd and check which user it's running as.

It should be running as SYSTEM. If it's not, that could be the problem.

I would add that I was running as user Administrator of the local machine (not administrator of the domain) when I ran inetd with --install-as-service.

Bye!

Robert