Amanda-Users

Exclude list entries

2006-07-13 01:53:58
Subject: Exclude list entries
From: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 03:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

I've now configured an exclusion list for use with Amanda.  At first I used
these entries:

*.ora
*.dbf
*.dmp
*.dmp.gz*

but then I re-read the Amanda documentation, which states:

"When AMANDA attempts to exclude a file or directory it does so relative to
the area being archived. For example if /var is in your disklist and you
want to exclude /var/log/somefile, then your exclude file would contain
./log/somefile"

So I've changed the entries to these:

./*.ora
./*.dbf
./*.dmp
./*.dmp.gz*

amcheck config reports no errors or problems with either set of entries.

I really just want to confirm whether or not I could have used the entries
without ./ and what the difference between the different sets of entries
would be.

Thanks very much.

Joe