Amanda-Users

port NNNN not secure(newbie)

2006-07-10 13:40:44
Subject: port NNNN not secure(newbie)
From: Mike Allen <mallen AT familyradio DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:33:27 -0700
I'm using Amanda 2.4.5 with FreeBSD 5.4.

1.  Backups on the NATed side of our firewall work fine.

2.  Our tape server is on the NATed side of firewall.

3.  Backups through the firewall fail when I run AMCHECK.
    The error message is port NNNN not secure.

I have attempted to research the environment variables 'tcpportrange', 'udpportrange' and
'portrange' and configure our firewall appropriately  but with no success.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.

Mike