Amanda-Users

Loss of tape labels

2006-07-04 13:30:13
Subject: Loss of tape labels
From: "Scott R. Burns" <Scott.Burns AT Netcontech DOT Com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:26:42 -0400

I had a condition for the last few days where a DLE was too large to fit on a tape. The system thought it was OK and tried to write it as my tapetype settings was slightly larger than the actual tape. I am not sure if this is a coincidence or not but the next few days the tapes that it had tried to write too and given up due to size were reported as “not an Amanda tape” by amcheck. We are going to test this but does anyone know if this is a known issue where the amlabel get’s trashed in this case? I had thought the tapes were dying for the last little while but now I am wondering if this may be the case.

I am on NetBSD/i386 2.0.2/Amanda 2.4.4p4 with a HP DAT 24x6 changer.

Thanks

Scott…

Scott Burns

Plantwatch Inc. / NETCON Technologies Inc.

Voice: +1.519.652.0401 x229

Fax: +1.519.652.9275

E-Mail: Scott.Burns AT Plantwatch DOT Com / Scott.Burns AT Netcontech DOT Com

Web: www.plantwatch.com / www.netcontech.com