Amanda-Users

RE: RPM for RHEL3

2006-07-04 12:09:27
Subject: RE: RPM for RHEL3
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:00:35 -0500
You can download it from:
http://www.zmanda.com/downloads.html

Thanks. I see they have added it. It wasn't there a few weeks ago.

I have downloaded it and installed it. Now the problem appears to be the xinetd setup. The RPM did not install the files for xinetd. Can someone tell me what I need for the redhat xinetd? I tried to add an amanda entry, but it is not working.

I added a file named "amanda" to /etc/xinetd.d/. It contains:

service amanda
{
   socket_type   = dgram
   protocol   = udp
   wait      = yes
   user      = amandabackup
   group      = disk
   server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
   disable      = no
}
Do I need to add files for amandidx and amidxtape? Does my entry above look correct? Can anyone give me the right setup for this?

Thanks,
Gordon