Amanda-Users

Re: RPM for RHEL3

2006-07-04 03:32:52
Subject: Re: RPM for RHEL3
From: "Sachin Kale" <sachin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:53:00 +0530
You can download it from:
http://www.zmanda.com/downloads.html

Thanks,
Sachin
On 7/3/06, Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 11:56:23AM -0500, Gordon J. Mills III enlightened us:
> Does anyone have an amanda rpm for RHEL3? I have a client with this server
> and I would like to put amanda on it to do the backups. Will one of the
> rpm's for rhe[ls]4 work?
>
> I would prefer to use a package instead of compiling. I tried to compile and
> apparently the server doesn't have all the necessary packages to compile.
>
> TIA,
> Gordon

I recommend reading this: http://www.math.ohiou.edu/~hyclak/casit/amanda/

Recompiling is really the best way to do things, the page above shows you
how to do that within the RPM environment so you get the advantages of both.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics