Amanda-Users

RE: Info on backing up windows servers via amanda

2006-06-29 14:46:28
Subject: RE: Info on backing up windows servers via amanda
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: "Matt Hyclak" <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:41:13 -0400

Thank you--a list of the alternatives is most helpful.
I'll probably end up trying 1 or 2 and look through the archives.

My Linux setup uses a Spectralogic 2K and is straightforward;
I've documented it online at

http://research.gc.cuny.edu/index.php/Research_Computing:Community_Portal#System_Administration_Notes

If I get this to work I'll document it for the net.

It's pretty well documented in the amanda docs. You've basically got a few

1. smbclient from some *nix machine to the windows box
2. smbmount the windows box on a *nix machine
3. Install cygwin on windows and do a native amanda compile
4. Use native windows tools to dump to files in a directory being backed up

I'm sure all of these have been covered in the mailing list, and the
documentation, so it's up to you which best suits your needs.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics