Amanda-Users

Re: Info on backing up windows servers via amanda

2006-06-29 14:30:45
Subject: Re: Info on backing up windows servers via amanda
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:25:39 -0400
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 02:10:43PM -0400, Lengyel, Florian enlightened us:
> I'm not having a problem with backing up a windows system to
> a linux amanda server; there seems to be trouble interpreting
> a request for info or suggestions on where to find it, though.
>
> Is this a better question: where do I find out about the
> various methods people use?

It's pretty well documented in the amanda docs. You've basically got a few

1. smbclient from some *nix machine to the windows box
2. smbmount the windows box on a *nix machine
3. Install cygwin on windows and do a native amanda compile
4. Use native windows tools to dump to files in a directory being backed up

I'm sure all of these have been covered in the mailing list, and the
documentation, so it's up to you which best suits your needs.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics