Amanda-Users

Tunning for performance (was: tar's default block size & shoe-shinning)

2006-06-29 11:39:40
Subject: Tunning for performance (was: tar's default block size & shoe-shinning)
From: Cyrille Bollu <Cyrille.Bollu AT fedasil DOT be>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:26:34 +0200

Hi all,

I haven't yet solved my performance problem but I wanted to share the following URL with anybody who is experiencing the same problem as me:

        http://www.redhat.com/magazine/001nov04/features/vm/

It introduces a lot of Linux's virtual memory configuration parameters (/proc/sys/vm/...).

In fact, I just noticed that kswapd and kscand are eating a lot of CPU% when amanda is running... Maybe that's related...

I've already set the "noatime" flag to my filesystem, and changed my logical RAID drive's settings to "READAHEAD" and "CachedIO". But none helped.

Regards,

Cyrille