Amanda-Users

Re: increasing ext3 dump block size

2006-06-19 10:35:00
Subject: Re: increasing ext3 dump block size
From: Matt Bernstein <+systems.extlists.amanda-users AT dcs.qmul.ac DOT uk>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:28:21 +0100 (BST)
At 10:13 -0400 Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

So.. is it possible to configure amanda to use (for example) 64k block sizes for both dump and tape?

*GAH*

OK--it's taken me a week to send that mail.. just my luck.. (I searched the archive weeks ago) but that thread doesn't answer the ext3 dump aspect.

Please can the default maxima be increased for the tape, to whatever this list thinks is wise?

Please can it be possible to specify custom arguments to dump and its friends?