Amanda-Users

filename ... has invalid characters

2006-06-12 05:45:43
Subject: filename ... has invalid characters
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:35:22 +0200
I'm now testing amanda 2.5.0p2. First problem:

# amstatus ks/archive
filename 'ks/archive' has invalid characters.

I suppose the problem here is that I specified a filename containing "/", but I actually did this on purpose, and it has always worked in the past. I'm using multiple directory levels under /etc/amanda, you see - amanda.conf for the configuration I'm trying to refer to here is stored under /etc/amanda/ks/archive. I set it up like that because I wanted to group configs that would share data like the disklist. (So I have a /etc/amanda/ks/disklist referenced by several different /etc/amanda/ks/*/amanda.conf.) Maybe this was stupid, but it seemed like a good idea at the time... In any case, I'm wondering why an explicit test on the configuration name has (apparently) been introduced. Won't you find out soon enough anyway whether it is correct or not? (I mean, you just look for /etc/amanda/<config>/amanda.conf...)

--
Toralf Lund