Amanda-Users

Re: strange dump sizes

2006-06-02 17:20:47
Subject: Re: strange dump sizes
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 23:10:10 +0200
Jon LaBadie schreef:
I'm getting dumps that are the same size regardless
of dump level.  Happening on all clients, all DLEs.
The file's timestamps (mtime and ctime) and inode nums
are not changing, which could cause them to appear in
incremental dumps.

I'm stumped, anyone experience this before?

Never seen that.

Some other queries,

In my gnutar-lists directory, all the files are named
"xxx.new".  Looking at an abandoned installation on
another server, most of the files have the ".new"
stripped off.  How should the files appear?

There shouldn't be .new files when the run is finished.
Maybe you have permission problems on the files,
resulting in not being able to "mv" the .new file?

On one of my Samba backups, the dump level has even
reached "4".  IIRC, amanda can only do full or incremental
of samba shares.  Is amanda just messing with me?

That's strange indeed too.