Amanda-Users

Re: Partial full backup configuration for amanda

2006-05-31 12:56:33
Subject: Re: Partial full backup configuration for amanda
From: silpa kala <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:48:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Thanks for this information. I gone through the all
the threads related to the Partial Full backup
configuration for amanda.

Partial full backup is happening based on the DLE
entries instead of memory occupied for all DLEs.That
means If one DLE happens to contain 50% of all data,
then one day Amanda must do all that complete DLE at
once (and probably not schedule anything else for a
full dump).  Amanda will not divide the DLE itself.

I seen sometime back amstatus is showing the keyword
"PARTIAL". Is it referring to Partial Full bakup. I
forgot what configuration was done. Please check
whether the following configuration is proper for
Partial Full backup.

Ex : Amanda.conf  -
          dumpcycle 4 days
          runspercycle 4

    disklist  -
     sda  path user-tar 50%
     sda0 path user-tar 20%
     sda1 path user-tar 10%
     sda2 path user-tar 20%

sda is backed up 1 day, sda0 is done 2nd day, sda1 is
backed up 3rd day, sda2 is backed up 4th day.
After 4 days it will perform the full backup.Is it
true. Is there any other configuration parameters is
required to perform the partial full backup.

I have little confusion whether skip-full, skip-incr
or strategy parameters need to be enabled for the
partial full backup.Otherwise only dumpcycle and
runspercycle is enough.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
silpakala