Amanda-Users

Re: windows vshadow

2006-05-16 11:52:53
Subject: Re: windows vshadow
From: Ross Vandegrift <ross AT kallisti DOT us>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:48:06 -0400
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:05:22AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> The vshadow.exe is only available for WinXP and 2003 server.
> So it is not a general solution, but maybe a start?

Is this related to their Volume Management Services?  IIRC, this
interacts with a backgroup service like LVM or Veritas.  LEts you
create virtual volumes and the like.  Does it enable you to take
snapshots of existing filesystems without rebuilding them into managed
virtual volumes (or whatever the MS verbiage for these things is)?

For what it's worth, if it is the same thing that I have heard of,
I've heard it works ok.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross AT kallisti DOT us