Amanda-Users

Re: putting error warnings into seperate mail

2006-05-10 11:05:09
Subject: Re: putting error warnings into seperate mail
From: listrcv <listrcv AT condor-werke DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:58:37 +0200
Jon LaBadie wrote:

I'm giving a talk to a local users group this evening.
I just might add that as a "pre-talk" message on the screen.

OK :)

If anyone has use for it, here's the script I came up with:

#! /bin/sh
#

# specify your holding disks
DISKS="/ahodi /home/AHODI"

# specify user who owns files belonging to amanda
AUSR="backup"

# specify users to notify
MLTO="root,backup"

function chk {
  RE="$(find $1 -type d -user $AUSR | wc -l)"
}

for i in $DISKS;
do
  RE=100
  chk $i
  if [ "$RE" != "1" ]; then
echo "Files seem to have been left over or removed during a backup run of amanda. Please check out $i. You eventually need to run amflush." | mail -s "amanda: WARNING" $MLTO
  fi
done

I'll just set up a cron job for it --- and see to have the changer fixed, it's still under warranty.

Any ideas what else could be checked for? Maybe we can do all of it outside of amanda.

GH