Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Solaris 8

2006-05-10 08:23:49
Subject: Re: Amanda Solaris 8
From: Luis Rodrigues <luis AT ess.co DOT at>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:20:43 +0200
On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:38:44 +0200
Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> wrote:

> On 2006-05-10 13:15, Luis Rodrigues wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a set os Debian/Redhat machines running amanda clients with no
> > problem.
> >
> > I need to run an Solaris 8 client also, got the binary package from:
> > http://www.sunfreeware.com/programlist.html
> > and istalled it. Create the user,services,configuration of inet all working
> > fine.
> >
> > But when I run amcheck it says user has no permition do access the machine,
> > but
> > I created the .amandahosts and put the correct info there and amanda user
> > can read the file.
>
> You say so, but we can't verify.
> What is exact error message?

The error is a simple:
ERROR: server.aa.com: [access as amanda not allowed from backup@old]

With I usally get when forget to edit .amandahosts (with I did)
it reads:
old.aa.com backup

> > Is there any way to check if amanda (on the client) is reading the correct
> > file?
>
> before and after running amcheck:
>
> $ ls -lut .amandahosts
>
> and the access time should have changed.

The access time has not changed :(

In /etc/passwd I have set the correct home directory for amanda and it has
permitions to read the file
and the directory.