Amanda-Users

Newbie needs Help

2006-05-04 09:53:42
Subject: Newbie needs Help
From: Luis Rodrigues <luis AT ess.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:52:07 +0200
Hello.

I've just started a job at a new company. They have an backup system with
everyday copies the touched files
to a disk on a backup server and on the weekend it makes a 0 level to tape.

They say the system is not really relayable because some times they don't find
the files an want a new one.

So I will install amanda.

The problem is that they want to keep the old backup touched files each day and
zero level on the weekend.
In  http://www.amanda.org/docs/topten.html#id2552255 says this is not possible.

So I will use amanda with a weekly cycle so that at saturday everyting is
backuedup.

But I still need to incremental backup the touched files since last
inscremental, is it possible to force amanda to
(in its runs during week) first copy to backup server the touched files and
them some others?

If so what will happen if a file is changed two times in one week?

Thanks in advance.

Luis