Amanda-Users

RE: FreeBSD client

2006-05-04 06:10:00
Subject: RE: FreeBSD client
From: "John Clement" <john.clement AT readingroom DOT com>
To: <sgw AT amanda DOT org>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:02:23 +0100
> John Clement wrote:
> > Some of you might remember I'm piecing together a previous,
> > non-working, installation of amanda.  The help I've
> received off here
> > has been great, so thanks again!  The next piece in this
> puzzle is a
> > FreeBSD (5.4) machine that appears to have amanda already installed.
>
> John, let us know the/some background of your "mission".
>
> Seems you're the one to keep the wheels reelin'
> ... after someone else "has left the building".

Yes indeed, I am rather picking up the pieces.  The background to this
one is it seems every time a new sys ad starts they install their own
flavour of OS, so we've got various versions of RH, some BSD, Solaris,
Windows.  Most of the clients have been installed, and its now at the
point where they're nearly all working, except the FreeBSD one.

However, results are now needed so rather than getting the few remaining
BSD machines working too, I want to get something in place so we're
actually backing stuff up.  So, on to my next post and I'll be picking
this one up again soon.

Thanks for the help,

John