Amanda-Users

Re: 2.4.2p2 client, 2.4.4p3 server: timeout from amandad...

2006-05-03 10:42:40
Subject: Re: 2.4.2p2 client, 2.4.4p3 server: timeout from amandad...
From: Francis Galiegue <fg AT one2team DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 16:39:36 +0200
Le Mercredi 03 Mai 2006 15:53, vous avez écrit :

> There's a firewall on both. On the client machine, UDP/10080 is let in from
> the server machine only. On the server machine, UDP/10082 and 10083 are let
> in from the client only. As to the timeout, I don't see this as a problem
> since I have an iptables rules that catches "INVALID" packets (as per
> conntrack definition) and it captures nothing at all...

OK well, I stand corrected. The zmanda Wiki link did provide me with an
insight. I did NOT have the ip_conntrack_amanda module inserted. As such, the
UDP timeout was the default, ie 30 seconds, ie far from being enough.

I've therefore inserted this module with master_timeout=3600, that should do
it...

--
Francis Galiegue, fg AT one2team DOT com
One2team - 12bis rue de la Pierre Levée, 75011 PARIS - 0143381980