Amanda-Users

number of disklist entries question

2006-05-02 10:07:04
Subject: number of disklist entries question
From: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:03:12 -0400
I have 581 of the following type disklist entries.

zorn  /export/users-aar  /export/fssnap/users  {
      users-tar
      `include' "./aar"
}

We have some people who have only a few file and some who have over 15GB. I
thought about segregating people by the first letter of their login name. I
realize that it probably takes longer having to create so many files on a
tape but then I can probably fill up a tape because I have so many small
files.

Is there a limit to the number of disklist entries?

Are their any other pros or cons?

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street                   FAX: (419) 821-0540
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067