Amanda-Users

Re: Scalability information sought

2006-05-02 04:48:39
Subject: Re: Scalability information sought
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 10:45:35 +0200
Jon LaBadie wrote:
I looked back at the survey results from a few years
ago.  At that time the respondents reported maximums
of:

        5 TB  total disk capacity
        4 TB  actual data stored
      700 GB  average size of amdump run
       70 clients
        ? disklist entries (not asked in the survey)

If any of you have installations with substantially
higher values than these, I'd love to hear of it.

On one of my two site, we have 20TB total disk capacity, of which about 16TB is in use; on two servers, 800GB nightly (two 200GB LTO-2 tapes per server per night); 45 clients, split into about 2200 individual DLEs.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk  * BUF Compagnie * alexj AT buf DOT com
Tel +33-1 42 68 18 28  *  Fax +33-1 42 68 18 29