Amanda-Users

selfcheck problems with 2.5.0p1

2006-05-01 16:53:50
Subject: selfcheck problems with 2.5.0p1
From: Steven Sweet <sweet AT sfos.uaf DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 12:52:09 -0800
I have just compiled amanda-2.5.0p1 on two systems. When I run amcheck on the server system the server checks out fine, but I get this for the client check:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: SystemA.local:/ does not support DUMPER-API.
ERROR: SystemA.local: [BOGUS REQUEST PACKET]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.014 seconds, 1 problem found

I can't find any reference to this problem except one indicating a mismatch between Amanda versions, which I know isn't the problem in this case. Does anyone know where I should start looking? Is this a configuration problem or a missing requirements problem?

I've used Amanda for quite a while, but its always been the rpm version.
The systems are both up-to-date Centos 4.3 systems. I made sure there were no existing rpm installations of amanda and then downloaded the same tarball to both systems. I extracted, configured, and ran "make" as an unprivileged user and then "make install"'d as root. I used a pretty straightforward configuration
./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=disk

Thanks for any ideas.