Amanda-Users

Re: can this list be sent in digest format?

2006-04-30 17:21:32
Subject: Re: can this list be sent in digest format?
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 07:16:23 +1000 (EST)
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 09:57:23AM +1000, Craig Dewick wrote:

Sorry for the post direct to the list about this, but I couldn't see
anything on the Amanda pages about whether this list can be received in
digestified format instead of seperate messages. I get so many lists that
it's difficult to read the important stuff (and this list rates as very
important!).

Having a digest option would be helpful. 8-)

Don't know if you can from amanda.org.  Might check with the majordomo
help page or write to postmaster AT amanda DOT org.

Maybe I could suggest a change to a different software package such as GNU Mailman which does offer digest format as well, and is fully configurable by the user via a web page? 8-)

However, yahoogroups is a subscriber to the list.  Yeah, I actually
submitted a subscribe request under the yahoogroup name.  Sort of
an archive and a way of reading it from a browser.

Because it is also a group, you should be able to request emails of
the postings.  And yahoogroups does have a daily digest capability.

One limitation to reading on yahoo, you can't post from there.

Yes I know Yahoo has a digest capability.

Regards,

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web --> "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email me at "cdewick AT poison.lios.apana.org DOT au". Explore my public-domain