Amanda-Users

Re: can this list be sent in digest format?

2006-04-29 21:10:18
Subject: Re: can this list be sent in digest format?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 21:06:07 -0400
On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 09:57:23AM +1000, Craig Dewick wrote:

> Sorry for the post direct to the list about this, but I couldn't see
> anything on the Amanda pages about whether this list can be received in
> digestified format instead of seperate messages. I get so many lists that
> it's difficult to read the important stuff (and this list rates as very
> important!).
>
> Having a digest option would be helpful. 8-)

Don't know if you can from amanda.org.  Might check with the majordomo
help page or write to postmaster AT amanda DOT org.

However, yahoogroups is a subscriber to the list.  Yeah, I actually
submitted a subscribe request under the yahoogroup name.  Sort of
an archive and a way of reading it from a browser.

Because it is also a group, you should be able to request emails of
the postings.  And yahoogroups does have a daily digest capability.

One limitation to reading on yahoo, you can't post from there.

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)