Amanda-Users

Re: Still help, thanks!

2006-04-26 02:05:11
Subject: Re: Still help, thanks!
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:02:50 -0400
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 07:49:59AM +0200, Stefano Manzi wrote:
> Hello, I still need support from you because, unluckily, I was not able to go
> on with my program.
> Would someone please indicate me (in a new message or with an attached
> amanda.conf file) the lines to put in my amanda.conf file so that backups can
> work correctly on floppies or cd-rw?
>
> In case something didn't still succeed, I would let youknow, and I think in
> that case remote help would be the last solution!
> In tha tcase, someone should write me personally and I'd give him/her my IP
> address and the other data to connect to my machine, which is a Debian sarge
> 3.1 stable.

Instead of writing directly to floppy/cd,
consider writing to vtapes (virtual tapes)
which are hard disk directories and files
mimicing tapes.

You could size the vtapes to match the
floppy or cd and then copy the vtape
image to the final medium.

See the "user documentation" at zmanda.com
for a how to on setting these up.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)