Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx and permissions

2006-04-20 19:45:34
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx and permissions
From: "Salvatore Enrico Indiogine" <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Joshua Baker-LePain" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:42:27 -0500
2006/4/12, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>:
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 at 9:11pm, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote
>
> > This is the default setup of Fedora4 for this device:
> >
> > $ ls -l /dev/sg1
> > crw-------  1 root root 21, 1 Apr  5 04:40 /dev/sg1

> It looks like they are, and you can change them.  Try putting this in
> /etc/udev/permissions.d/10-custom.permissions:
>
> sg*:root:disk:0660
>
> Caveat: I stole that entry from
> /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions on a centos-4 system.  YMMV.
> No warrany given or implied.  Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, Fedora 4 does not have a
/etc/udev/permissions.d folder at all.  I have applied all the
updates.

I am now googling for it.    I am somewhat paranoid about configuring
udev because you can seriously destroy your system and this is also
our present BRU backup server.

I wonder whether I should make amanda member of the root group......

--
Enrico Indiogine
Parasol Laboratory

enricoi AT cs.tamu DOT edu