Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx and permissions

2006-04-12 22:47:32
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx and permissions
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:43:44 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 at 9:11pm, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote

This is the default setup of Fedora4 for this device:

$ ls -l /dev/sg1
crw-------  1 root root 21, 1 Apr  5 04:40 /dev/sg1

So, what is the modus operandi?  Will amanda have problems with these
permissions?  Do I have to change them?  Even adding amanda to the
root group will not work with these 600 permissions.  I think that the
permissions are set dynamically by udev.

It looks like they are, and you can change them. Try putting this in /etc/udev/permissions.d/10-custom.permissions:

sg*:root:disk:0660

Caveat: I stole that entry from /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions on a centos-4 system. YMMV. No warrany given or implied. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering