Amanda-Users

Re: Each file on Samba backup target produces NT_STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND error

2006-04-17 08:01:17
Subject: Re: Each file on Samba backup target produces NT_STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND error
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:57:34 -0500

I think that if you google on 'NT_STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND' you will find that it is a samba problem, not an amanda one. I used to get lines similar in reports unrelated to amanda, but unfortunately I can't remember the cure.

I do agree, but it appears to be with the specific manner in which Amanda is trying to invoke Samba (since Samba itself finds those files just fine, when I use smbclient from the command line). I did Google on the message, with very little luck.

I am going to post out to the Samba list as well, but is there an easy way to see exactly how Amanda is invoking Samba? I thought I remembered seeing the actual command that was issued in a log some years back, but have not been able to find it yet.