Amanda-Users

Re: Optimising settings

2006-04-15 12:35:13
Subject: Re: Optimising settings
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:31:39 +0100
On Saturday 15 April 2006 16:49, stan wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 04:14:29PM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I have a working amanda, now, but I'm not sure that it is optimally set
> > up. I'm backing up from hda to hdb on the same host, but splitting into
> > vtapes of 4GB, so that they can be burned onto a DVD.  That part seems to
> > be working fine.
> >
> > What I'm not so sure about is that within each vtape I see the data split
> > into 10MB chunks, which seems small to me, given the amount of data.  Is
> > this sensible/desirable?  If not, which parameter is controlling this?
>
> I'm pretty certain that is chunksize.

I did look at that, but two things convinced me that it isn't.  First, the
man page says that chunksize is in the 'holding disk' section, and the
holding disk is defined as the buffer area, so output wouldn't be in the
vtapes.  Second, chunksize is actually defined as 1GB, which is also the
default.

So if it's not that, what else could it be?

Anne