Amanda-Users

taper port open

2006-04-10 23:00:34
Subject: taper port open
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:52:26 -0400
My Amanda run is part of a larger backup scheme that is driven from
a remote machine.

I've been testing for a while running from the Amand host, and mostly
have teh bugs worked out. Today I tried my first run from the rmote machine,
and pretty much everyhting failed. Here is an example from amstatus:

AW0001:/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7 1 driver: [taper port open: Connection refused]
(21:25:45)

Here is how I invoke the Amanda wrapper script on the amanda host:

su amanda -c "ssh amanda /home/amanda/bin/amanda_nightly_backup "

This is a line from a shell script run as root on the ?master backup
driver" machine.

Any idea what's going wrong here? This sued to work on another amada
server with an ealier version of Amanda.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror