Amanda-Users

Anyone got 2.5.0 running with Mac OS X 10.4.6 clients?

2006-04-07 01:23:41
Subject: Anyone got 2.5.0 running with Mac OS X 10.4.6 clients?
From: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:16:19 -0700
Hi all,

Again, thanks to everyone for their quick help and suggestions so far. You've been invaluable!

I've got my server backing up successfully and have moved on to setting up the PowerBooks. I've followed the steps at https:// webserver.brandeis.edu/pages/view/Bio/AmandaMacOSXCompileNotes and everything appears to be configured correctly.

Back on the server, I run:

$ amcheck daily the-x-files.otherother.com

and get:

WARNING: the-x-files.otherother.com: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK

on the-x-files, I see the amandad process starting up, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. Attempting an amdump proceeds without the-x-files, the estimate phase times out.

Has anyone else set up a Mac OS X client successfully? Is there anything anyone can suggest to help troubleshoot this?

Thanks much!
Bruce.

believed to be clean.