Amanda-Users

Re: Restore WO Amanda, what am I doing wrong?

2006-03-29 23:09:17
Subject: Re: Restore WO Amanda, what am I doing wrong?
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: stanb AT panix DOT com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:06:17 +0700 (ICT)
> So, it's time to get the config files, and maybe indexes
> off of the tapes from the faile machine.

And eventually, like it was suggested some time ago (from a web page
that I was directed to for some otherproblem);

     you should double back-up the indexes, so you can put up a new
     Amanda machine with little efforts.

I do that by rsync'ing the indexes to anothermachine and by emailing
to me the result of amadmin export after every run of amanda and every
amflush.

Cheers,

Olivier