Amanda-Users

Amanda interoperability of different amanda versions

2006-03-23 08:56:38
Subject: Amanda interoperability of different amanda versions
From: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:49:48 +0100
Hello Listers,

At the moment I am running two machines: a SuSE 9.1 (samba) server with the
(SuSE) amanda-2.4.4p2-49 (client) rpm-package and an amanda backupserver
with the same versions.

I would like to know if I will face some interoperability problems when I
upgrade my dedicated amanda server to SuSE 10 and the SuSE 10 amanda2.5.0b2
(or 2.5.0final) rpm from www.zmanda.com/? I am not happy to upgrade in
parallel my samba server (never change a running system:).

I would like to use vtapes and some new features of the 2.5...

I suppose, that - if I would like to have a SuSE 9.1 related rpm of the new
amanda 2.5 version for the samba server - I will have to build it by myself.
And I am now sure if I will be experienced enough to do that.

Any suggestions/experiences are welcome

TIA
Uwe

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit