Amanda-Users

Re: One DLE too many!

2006-03-17 09:33:04
Subject: Re: One DLE too many!
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Vytas Janusauskas <vytas AT dendron DOT com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:29:44 +0100
On 2006-03-17 14:53, Vytas Janusauskas wrote:
Hi Again,

It's taken me a couple of days to get the suggestions tested.

So this is my current DLE entries and output from the amanda report and comments from amrecover: Why are the DLEs with the "includes" failing? In the reports they claim to be succeeding but they are not doing what I want. Any attempt to recover the files fails using amrecover, which I am not surprised about . Do I need to add a wildcard (*) to the include directory names? Or am I missing something else?

What are the permissions of the top level directory /mnt/data06/Deforest3 ?

That directory needs to be readable and searcheable by the amanda user.
(and the all the parent directories, up to the root, too!)

Thanks Again!

Vytas

hal /mnt/data06/Deforest3_PART1 /mnt/data06/Deforest3 {
    comp-user-tar
    include file optional "./AirPhoto_Load_Tool"
    include file optional append "./Nova_Scotia_Photos"
} 87

By putting the word "optional" here, you are in fact suppressing any
error messages about this file.
But in this case you do not want that at all.
Usually you do not want that!!!
So omit it.

Backup file flushed perfectly and appears to contain all the required excluded directories.

I guess you mean something like "the backup file does not contain any of
the excluded directories as required" ?

amrecover> setdisk /mnt/data06/Deforest3_REST
200 Disk set to /mnt/data06/Deforest3_REST.
amrecover> ls
2006-03-16 .
2006-03-16 NAPL/
2006-03-16 NS_Oblique_Aerials/
2006-03-16 Quality_Control/
2006-03-16 Received/
2006-03-16 readme.txt

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *