Amanda-Users

Re: Which is the correct way to backup windows servers using amanda? Is there one?

2006-03-09 08:53:39
Subject: Re: Which is the correct way to backup windows servers using amanda? Is there one?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Moritz Both <mb AT aldebaran DOT de>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:51:20 +0100
On 2006-03-09 14:43, Moritz Both wrote:

Which is the correct way to backup windows servers using amanda? Is there one?

Windows backup is indeed not handled first class, as you noted.
Nor it is tested/used extensively either.

I did use the smbclient way with Amanda for some time on some
servers (and even was able to restore files too), but my main method
of handling it is moving the data to a linux server instead.
That works pretty good in our case.  Many of my users aren't even
aware that the fileserver is actually Linux and not some MS Windows
version.  YMMV...

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *