Amanda-Users

Re: Samba Domain message strangeness in Amanda

2006-03-01 17:44:04
Subject: Re: Samba Domain message strangeness in Amanda
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Wayne Johnson <wdtj AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 23:38:38 +0100
Wayne Johnson schrieb:
> I've added a W2k server to my backup.  I'm getting a strange dump
> warning.  I believe  this is just a false alarm, but it would be nice to
> get this out of the way.  Anyone have suggestions on how to ignore
> this?  One web page says that there are regular expressions that check
> for errors, and that this line is not in the list of regular
> expressions.  Can this list easily be changed?

This has to be edited in the AMANDA-sources.

The file is client-src/sendbackup-gnutar.c, if I remember that correctly.

I thought I had already committed that to the CVS, ...

What AMANDA-release do you use?

A quick grep tells me that AMANDA >= 2.4.4p4 should ignore that.

No need to worry about that message, OTOH.

Greets, Stefan.