Amanda-Users

Samba Domain message strangeness in Amanda

2006-02-28 10:24:18
Subject: Samba Domain message strangeness in Amanda
From: Wayne Johnson <wdtj AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:19:22 -0800 (PST)
I've added a W2k server to my backup.  I'm getting a strange dump warning.  I believe  this is just a false alarm, but it would be nice to get this out of the way.  Anyone have suggestions on how to ignore this?  One web page says that there are regular expressions that check for errors, and that this line is not in the list of regular expressions.  Can this list easily be changed?

I'm running with a current FC4.

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- devserv    //devbuild/e/DevTools lev 1 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [devserv://devbuild/e/DevTools level 1]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/bin/smbclient
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/bin/gzip -dc |/usr/bin/smbclient -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
? Domain=[MQSOFTWARE] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
| tar: dumped 4816 files and directories
| Total bytes wri! tten: 0
sendbackup: size 0
sendbackup: end
\--------

---
Wayne Johnson, | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N. | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003 | then, have it your way." --C.S. Lewis