Amanda-Users

Re: compile fail on Soalris 10 X86/AMD64

2006-02-22 16:07:48
Subject: Re: compile fail on Soalris 10 X86/AMD64
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:00:30 -0500
On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:33:54PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 07:18:37PM -0500, stan wrote:
> >
> > I'v got a brand spanking new Ultra 40, just for running Amanda! I',
> > trhilled.
> >
> > But, I seem to be having a problem geting either the stable version, or the
> > latest 2.5 bersion to build coreclty. here's a logfile from the stable
> > build.
> >

> The command "false" should have been "ar", the "archive" command used to
> build and extract from libraries.  Likely you are running some release
> of Sol 10 and I'm unfamiliar with that.  In Sol 9 x86 "ar" is found in
> /usr/xpg4/bin and in /usr/ccs/bin.
>
> A guess, when you ran configure the directory containing ar was not in your
> PATH, configure couldn't find ar and thus used the false command instead.
> Your Makefile probably contains a line like   AR = /usr/bin/false  .

Well, you seem to have diagnosed the problem coreclty, but perhaps not the
cause, nor the corective action. A what for ar results in
/usr/ccs/bin/what. so it _is_ in the path. But the generateMakefile does
look as you suppose.

Any idea how to overide this incorect behavior of cofnigure?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror