Amanda-Users

Re: sendsize failures on Fedora Core 4

2006-02-20 23:15:07
Subject: Re: sendsize failures on Fedora Core 4
From: Drew Derbyshire <avatar AT 2006-02.plus.kew DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:11:07 -0500
You're incorrect regarding how "I" built it, as this was the standard binary install via YUM. My natural expectation, proven by the suggestion on SELinux, is that the package was built and installed properly, but my environment had other issues.

One does not need to build it as the user who will running amanda, one does need to configure it properly. Consider, for example, the server side which I've been using since 1998 in various forms has never been built as the target user, but the FreeBSD ports system correctly configures it to run as operator.
-ahd-